SUNY Broome Community College provides a quality educational experience to a diverse population, offering all the opportunity to identify their potential and to realize life goals.
- Enrich the learning and teaching landscape at SUNY Broome.
- Engage the campus, local, regional, and world community in meaningful partnerships which foster innovation and excellence.
- Seek and refine proactive academic endeavors and student services which assist students in accomplishing their life goals.
- Sustain and invest in SUNY Broome as a learning community.
- Enhance and sustain the infrastructure and environment for a dynamic living-learning community.
- Foster an integrated approach which creates a foundation for student empowerment in critical thinking, problem-solving, civic engagement, and self-efficacy.
- Ensure a sustainable organization with a high level of excellence.
SUNY Broome Community College will be widely recognized as a preeminent institution of higher education where hope, passion, and opportunity are fully realized.
SUNY Broome Institutional Learning Outcomes
SUNY BROOME graduates will be able to:
- Apply relevant knowledge, technology, and tools from the academic disciplines in the contexts of personal, professional, and civic interactions, with sensitivity to diverse peoples and cultures.
- Read, write, speak, and listen effectively in both personal and professional spheres.
- Retrieve, organize, analyze, evaluate, and appropriately use information.
- Perform effectively as a team member.
- Reflect on, reason about, and form independent judgments on a variety of ideas and information, and use these skills to guide their beliefs and actions.
- Exercise individual and social responsibilities through personal development and self-advocacy, healthy life-style choices, ethical behavior, civic involvement, interaction with diverse cultures, commitment to life-long learning, and engagement with global issues.
- Integrate knowledge and skills gained and adapt them to new settings, questions, and responsibilities.
SUNY Broome 2013-2014 Complete Strategic Plan
SUNY Strategic Plan