Industrial Technology: Quality Assurance Certificate
At A Glance
Degree Title: Industrial Technology: Quality Assurance Certificate
Program Length: Typically completed in one year
Total Credits Required: 31
The IT: Quality Assurance Certificate is directed towards those who are interested in a career as a Quality Control Technician or an Industrial Technology Technician, or for those who wish to go on to complete higher degrees in this field of study. This certificate will allow students to learn the theories of and applications of established methods of quality for a variety of settings, to understand statistical data and to safely perform basic manufacturing skills.
And, because the IT: Quality Assurance Certificate only takes two semesters to complete (attending college full-time), it is a fast way to get a marketable skill in this field.
What Opportunities Exist with this Certificate?
- With the completion of this certificate, you'll be qualified to become a:
- Quality Control Technician
- Industrial Technology Technician
- With the completion of this certificate, you may be employed in:
- Software manufacturing
- Auto parts manufacturing
- Plastics manufacturing
- Electronic component manufacturing
- Engineering settings
- Healthcare settings
- Business management settings
Further Education Opportunities
- If you would like to continue on with a degree at BCC, you can consult with your advisor to take the proper electives that would transfer beyond your IT: Quality Assurance Certificate. After you have completed this certificate, you can use these classes to lighten your class-load in other Broome Community College's programs, such as:
- By utilizing Broome Community College's expert team of advisors and working with your prospective transfer school, you can assure that:
- You take necessary and transferrable classes
- You lighten your future degree's course load at another college
Exciting Classes in this BCC Certificate
- Engineering Drawing I w/CAD (MET 113) is a two credit class that gives students a foundation in engineering drawing, both manual and CAD (computer aided drafting), that will allow them to complete clear, dimensionally precise drawings and sectional view images.
- SQC Senior Seminar I (SQC 200) is a once credit class that discusses common quality assurances issues that a student may encounter and includes field trips that give contact with the industry QA professionals.
- Statistics I (MAT 124) is a three credit class that teaches students how to comprehend, define, organize and present statistical data and to how to use a statistical software.