Your Support Matters!
SUNY Broome is a public community college institution, but students seeking and pursuing an education are still being plagued with student loans, a national trend totaling over $1 trillion. This makes support from alumni, faculty and staff, students, community friends, foundations, organizations, and businesses crucial to our commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarships, and service to the community.
Your gifts help support these areas and more:
- The top priority of The SUNY Broome Annual Fund is to provide student scholarships
- More than 85% of current SUNY Broome students require financial assistance
- In 2014, the Foundation provided nearly $700,000 in merit and need-based scholarships to students
- Promotes flexibility and creativity by providing funding for unique faculty and student projects
- Allows faculty to stay current and up-to-date on the latest trends by providing funds to attend workshops, seminars and developing research projects
- Faculty & Staff Giving
- Enables upgrades to out-of-date instructional equipment to enhance the student learning environment
- Helps to fund equipment used in various program divisions to assist students in hands on and "real life" experiences (e.g. lab equipment for Health Sciences and Engineering, TV/Radio studio for Communications majors)
- Campus Master Plan