TRiO Student Support Services Program
What is TRiO Student Support Services?
TRiO Student Support Services is a federally funded program designed to support students who are first-generation, low-income, and/or disabled. Through an array of services, TRiO helps students earn a certificate or an associate’s degree and transfer to a 4-year college to complete a bachelor’s degree.
- Attend advising and counseling sessions.
- Attend workshops focused on academic, career planning, college success skills, and financial aid and scholarships.
- Attend new student Orientation and Fall and Spring Check-In sessions
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Is a First Generation College Student
- Meets Federal Low-Income Guidelines
- Or Has a Documented Disability and
- Meets US Citizenship and/or Residency requirements
Benefits of Participation
- Specialized orientation and check-in sessions
- Academic coaching and intervention
- Priority tutoring
- Learning and Personality assessments
- Peer mentoring
- Assistive technology
- Study skills assistance
- Personal guidance
- Academic success workshops
- Course selection assistance
- Academic and degree planning assistance
- Student advocacy skills training
- Financial aid/literacy counseling
- Career planning
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Referral services
- Recognition ceremony for SSS graduates
Current and Future SUNY Broome Students
Applications: Accepted for Fall, Winter, Summer, and Spring semesters.
Eligible students will be required to come in for an interview. Only completed applications will be considered.
Kim Lamar Shelton
TRiO Student Support Services Director
TRiO Student Support Services Assistant Director
TRiO Learning Specialist
TRiO Graduate Intern